Welcome to Sandcastle Realty Vacation Rentals on Martha's Vineyard. We are a Martha's Vineyard vacation rental home company with a "state-of-the-art" website that works to your great advantage. Our goal is your goal: the maximum positive rental experience for both you, the Homeowner, and for your Guests, and to have longer term, satisfied, repeat Guests for your Marthas Vineyard home! Let us do the work. Remember, your time has value!
BENEFITS TO YOU, THE HOME OWNER:
- Save Time - Sandcastle will eliminate, as much as possible, the inconvenience and time consuming work of the rental process! Sandcastle will handle all inquiries, eliminating hours of telephone tag, and hours of "discussion".
- Advertising - You will reap the benefits of our targeted advertising campaign, website promotion and positioning.
- Marketing - Sandcastle will generate interest in your property and suggest rates designed to maximize your rental income.
- Exposure - Your home will have maximum exposure as it will be on the World Wide Web! Your home will be presented in a professional and attractive manner with a customized listing.
- You can display as many photographs, taken by Sandcastle or by you, as you wish to. Panoramic or virtual tours may be displayed by special request.
- Sandcastle will create your listing for our website.
- Qualified inquiries - The tenants will search using the criteria that is important to them. Your availability will be clearly indicated eliminating inappropriate inquiries for weeks already booked.
- Personal Service - Sandcastle will always interview the Guest before contacting you to confirm a rental.
- Customized Tracking - Sandcastle will track all your rentals thus preventing potential double bookings.
- Less Paperwork - Using our customized leasing program Sandcastle will write the leases and handle the necessary paperwork.
- Record Keeping - Sandcastle will track the payments and generate customized reports upon request. No more wondering at the end of the rental season just who rented what, when, for how much, etc.
- Island Hosts - Sandcastle will arrange for the Guest's pick up of the key and map to your home. We will be on call on the day of their arrival should a problem arise that you or your caretaker cannot handle.
- Emergency - Comprehensive prepardness and response plan in the event of a hurrican or disaster.
Listing Your Home with Sandcastle
When Sandcastle Realty list your home, we create a listing form from the information you provide us. It is computer generated and has photographs of your home attached. Your Listing information, along with the availability, is placed in our "state of the art" database on our internet site: www.sandcastlemv.com.
Our vacation rental inquiries come primarily from prior tenants, referrals, our professionally managed, optimized internet exposure and through our targeted advertising. When a person contacts us about a summer rental we gather information about whom they are and get a sense of what kind of home they will be comfortable in. Sandcastle does this by reviewing their e-mailed request and sometimes by talking to them on the phone.
When a person chooses your home to rent we always talk to them to affirm their request, answer any questions they may have and to let them know what will be expected of them. We confirm with you that it is still available for their requested week(s). We then book the rental and email or send leases to the tenant. They return the signed leases, the deposit, and our booking fee. We send you the deposit (minus our commission) the leases for your signature. You return two of the signed leases to us, retaining one for your records. A payment schedule is printed on the lease and the Guest will send all but the initial payment, including the Security Deposit, directly to you unless other arrangements have been made. We expect the Guest to pay on time, and so, unless otherwise notified by you, we act as if you've received all monies (i.e., we let them into the home).
When the tenant arrives we provide them with keys, directions and a list of rental rules. We expect that the home will be spotless, but instruct them to call us within 24 hours if it is not. We ask them to contact you and/or your caretaker in case of problems, but are available to help if need be.
When the Guest vacates your home your cleaning service needs to report the condition of the house directly to you. If there are damages or the house was left in extremely bad condition you may call us so that we can document the issue(s). We do not charge for this service.
Sandcastle likes to work in close contact with the owners of the properties we represent. We ask that you e-mail or call us the minute you commit to a lease not just when you just receive it back. If we don't know your home's availability, we can't rent it for you. We also need to be apprized of changes to the property, including furnishings, and locks. We also ask that you maintain your property well, and hire professional, reliable cleaners and caretakers. We can furnish you a resource list if you wish. If we are called out and our time is spent handling problems not created by Sandcastle error we charge $50 per hour for our time. This is a symbiotic relationship and when it goes smoothly everybody is happy. We are working for you, and we need your cooperation to do our job well.
If you already list with Sandcastle then "Thank You!"