Property #352Experience the old world charm of Martha's Vineyard in this Sea Captain's home
Rates & Availability for Property #352:
* Price applies for bolded start dates. To view additional months and rates, please click on our Arrival calendar below.
- Available for arrival
- Available for departure
- Call 508-627-5665
Submit an Inquiry
To receive precise rate information and submit an inquiry for this property, please enter your preferred vacation dates.
Experience the old-world charm of Martha's Vineyard in this delightful Sea Captain's home. Located in the small island hamlet of West Tisbury this Victorian home was chosen by the White House Staff in 1998. The house features an elegant curved staircase in the foyer and a "secret" back staircase leading from the kitchen to the master suite, a grand piano in the music room, also wireless and broadband internet, living room with digital cable TV, DVD, a separate dining room, and a charming country kitchen.
Relax on the veranda, or grill on the terrace. Is it your turn to fix dinner? Just walk a few steps to the famous Vineyard Farmer's Market offering a smorgasbord of fresh produce, herbs, baked goods, and other island culinary delights picked right from the garden.
The Sea Captain's home is located close to two of the island's most beautiful beaches which require a special permit available when you rent -- Lambert's Cove Beach (beautiful vista and calm water) and Long Point Beach (ocean surf with a bonus shallow freshwater pond perfect for the children). Walk to neighborhood art galleries, island library and shops, or relax on a spectacular beach. Use our 10-speed bicycles to explore the lovely network of island bicycle paths just a few pedals away. Visit Alley's General Store ("dealers in almost everything"), stroll down charming "Music Street" at sunset or enjoy the many fine restaurants and nightlife only minutes away in the three "down island" towns.
2nd Floor Shower
1st Floor Shower
- Wireless High Speed Internet
- Coffee Maker
- Lobster Pot
- Grill - Charcoal
- Ironing Board
- Porch/Deck Open
- TENANT PROVIDES SHEETS & TOWELS
- *Walk to Vineyard's famous, fresh Farmer's Market and old-fashioned General Store, near playground, library, and bicycle paths through the State Forest, and only minutes away from 2 of the island's most beautiful exclusive beaches (beach permits available when you rent).
- *Grand Piano
- *Music Library: Large variety of music available from Digital Cable TV music channels
Security Deposit: $200
Cleaning Fee: $195
Lodging Tax: 5.7%
Processing Fee: $100
Pet Deposit: $75 Pet Fee
|Start Date||End Date||Weekly Average|